[2021-10-22] A competence database is currently being designed, with its use we will be able to search for and find working groups/consortias that are able to meet identified needs, or can respond to current funding opportunities within the EU.
The database will consist of several different parts:
- The needs within cybersecurity
- Swedish organisations’ products and services within the field
- Swedish competence and expertise
- Funding opportunities
The information is collected through a “security profile”, in which the member organisation answers around 100 questions (mainly multiple choice).
Using a search tool, groups/consortias can then be found, and by collaboration and the right combination of skills and funding we can meet one of the requested needs. As a member of the node, it will be possible to order searches.
No sensitive information will be stored in the database, and only contact information to current member organisations will be stated. (Despite that, the collected information will be considered having high protection value, which is why the database will have a high security level.)
The structure is based on NIST Cybersecurity Framework:s five themes: ”Identify-Protect-Detect-Respond-Recover”. A concept structure according to ECSO Radar (www.ecs-org.eu), which adds to NIST’s themes, will make it possible to make comparisons with European organisations.
Who should register a security profile?
There might be a variation of skill deployments within the same organisation. E.g a group of researchers at a university, or a development unit in an organisation. Both should apply their security profile, to create their uniqe security profile in the data base. The purpose is to be able to identify that single research group based on their specific set of skills when a search is made in the data base.
At registration, state the main organisation (e.g. the university or company) and the current group or unit.
Be aware of:
- A membership login at cybernode.se is required to register => the contact person in the organisation has to assist at registration. (If this is not possible, please notify the node in order for the specific group/unit to get temporary login details to be able to complete the registration.)
- The organisation’s contact person should share information internally regarding the possibility to register several security profiles.
- The contact person for a group/unit must meet the requirements under the heading “The node’s member activities” in the security rules. These rules can be found here (LINK).